UAY

UAY

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Lesson Plan 1 - Outline and Process

The point of the first lesson was to not only let students get used to the material, but to also see how different emotions can affect our creative process. Students were instructed to make three balls of clay for this project, and form one as different songs were played. After playing three songs, we then discussed the emotions being expressed in them, and what traits came out in the forms while they were listening.

While I am happy with the turnout for the project with these students,I feel like I was running a risk. It was difficult to create a prompt to go with, and I think one of my students struggled with forming the clay, because she at first had difficulty understanding what was expected of her. I think what really helped this lesson from flopping was taking a video of myself doing the same process, and explaining what I was doing while they were watching. The discussion of the works was the strong point of this lesson, and it was because I had prompt questions that got them thinking about their works more critically. They all provided great input on their works, and I think that was because they had a better understanding of what they were expected to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment